- Workers' Compensation Law 90%
- Auto and Truck Accidents 10%
Mr. James P. Hoffman's professional experience consists of handling of cases in both state and federal courts. The successful obtainment of verdicts and/or settlements have ranges from a few dollars to a millions.
Other Biographical Sources Mr. Hoffman is or has been listed in: Who's Who in the Midwest; Who's Who in America; Who's Who in American Law; Who's Who in the World; International Who's Who of Intellectuals; Who's Who of Contemporary Achievement.
Membership in Legal/Professional Associations: Mr. Hoffman is a member of the following legal and/or professional associations: Lee County Bar Association; Iowa State and American Bar Association, Iowa Association of Workers Compensation, Illinois Association of Trial Lawyers, Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Iowa Institute of Hypnosis and American Institute of Hypnosis, and Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Hoffman is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocate Forum, which maintains a list of Top Trial Lawyers. Said membership is for trial lawyers who have demonstrated exceptional skill, experience, and excellence in advocacy by achieving verdicts or settlements in the amount of one million dollars or more.
Mr. Hoffman is rated as an AV Lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest rating given and reflects an attorney who has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity. Mr. Hoffman is also listed in the preeminent law directory.
Lectures and Presentations:
James P. Hoffman has lectured at seminars to other attorneys, organizations and associations in numerous states as well as outside the United States, covering topics of negligence and injury laws, product liability, workers compensation laws and it's applications, social security, corporate law, and other related fields of law.
Mr. Hoffman has also argued and set precedents in cases in the Iowa Supreme Court as well as federal court.
Mr. Hoffman tried the first case in which it had been sought and granted to try a case before the jury in the presence of television and multi media during the entire scope of the trial in the state of Iowa.
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1967
- University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1965
- American Institute of Hypnosis
- Iowa, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1969
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1968
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- The Trial Lawyer and Use of Hypnosis, HRW, Ltd., 1980
- Listed in Who’s Who in the Midwest
- Listed in Who’s Who in North America
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law
- Listed in Who’s Who in the World
- Listed in International Who’s Who of Intellectuals
- Listed in Who’s Who of Contemporary Achievement
- America's Top 100 Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers - The American Trial Lawyer Association
- 100 Million Dollar Club - American Academy of Attorneys
- AV Peer Review Rated Lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 10 Attorney Award - Iowa Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 10 Best Attorneys - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Top 100 Lawyers: Civil Plaintiff - The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 100 Lawyers - The National Advocates
- Top Personal Injury Law Attorney for Iowa - American Jurist Institute
- Best Attorney - Rue Rating's Best Attorneys of America
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers - Martindale Hubbell
- Top 10 Attorney Award - National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in State of Iowa - American Society of Legal Advocates
Classes & Seminars:
- Workers' Compensation Seminars
- CEO MLT System Co., MLTS LLC USA
- Iowa Institute of Hypnosis, Director
- Lee County Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State and American Bar Association, Member
- Iowa Association of Workers Compensation, Member
- Illinois Association of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of Iowa, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Iowa Institute of Hypnosis, Member
- American Institute of Hypnosis, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Board certified American Institute of Hypnosis
Current Employment Position:
- Sole Practitioner